[H-ANNOUNCE] Copyright

Raymond Smith raymond at humbug.org.au
Wed Apr 30 22:36:04 EDT 2003

[ Humbug *Announce* list.  This list is moderated, please send useful  ]
[ replies to the originator of this message, or the general/chat lists ]

Dear Members:

Of late there have been a number conversations on and off list
regarding intellectual property in general, and copyrights and
copyright law in particular. It is always good to see healthy
discussion within our club.

However, the executive wishes to remind members that HUMBUG is
a lawful association. HUMBUG does not, and will not, condone or
support the violation of the legal rights of copyright holders.
Members are reminded of the Terms and Conditions that apply to
using the network at meetings: these terms and conditions forbid
the use of the network for illegal purposes.

This is not to say that members must agree with every aspect of
copyright law, nor is there a 'party line' that HUMBUG expects
people to toe. We are a broad group united by our enthusiasm in
Unix and Open Source. It is therefore to be expected that there
will be a great many passionate views on a topic that is so
central to our common interests.

On the other hand, we do expect members to respect each others
positions and the law.

Regards,

Raymond Smith
for the Executive Committee
--
Raymond Smith
Secretary of HUMBUG 2002/2003              mailto:secretary at humbug.org.au
Home Unix Machine - Brisbane User Group    http://www.humbug.org.au/

-
* This moderated list (announce) is handled by majordomo at lists.humbug.org.au.
* Subscribe/unsubscribe requests should be sent to there in the message body.