Help Wanted for Queensland Computerbank

loch at dstc.edu.au loch at dstc.edu.au
Mon Aug 21 05:49:14 EDT 2000

Folks,

On behalf of Andrew Loch <loch at dstc.edu.au>, I am posting the
following to this list.

Andrew Loch <loch at dstc.edu.au> wrote:

    Myself and some other people are starting a Queensland branch
    of Computerbank

        http://www.computerbank.org.au

    an organisation that seeks donations of hardware (or cash
    to buy hardware) and then configures this hardware with
    linux and other free software (for licensing reasons, not
    religious :) packages and donates the hardware to people
    and/or organisations who can not afford to buy a computer
    system for themselves.

    DSTC has graciously allowed us to meet here and will host a
    web-page and mailing list.

    We need bodies, machines and cash.

    If you would like to be involved in the project in any way
    at all (you do not need to be a technical person, we'll need
    admin, fundraising, instructors/teachers etc) please email
    me.  This doesn't need to eat up your entire life, a night a
    week or fortnight would be good. We may only need a sat or
    sun every month or so. These things aren't really known yet.

    Our next meeting will be somewhere in GPS this Wednesday (the
    23rd of Aug) at 7pm.

    thanks
    Lochy

Please, address any questions directly to <loch at dstc.edu.au>.

Yours sincerely,

-- Mark John Suter  | I know that you  believe  you understand
suter at humbug.org.au | what you think I said, but I am not sure
GPG key id F2FEBB36 | you realise that what you  heard  is not
Ph: +61 4 1126 2316 | what I meant.                  anonymous