[H-ADMIN] Due to covid-19 UQ has cancelled all humbug room bookimgs

Joel Addison jaddi27 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 22:51:08 UTC 2020

> On 17 Aug 2020, at 17:34, Russell Stuart <russell-humbug at stuart.id.au> wrote:
>
> On Mon, 2020-08-17 at 16:59 +1000, Joel Addison wrote:
>> I’m happy to stay on.
>>
>> Should we still have a meeting of some sort so there is a record of
>> what happened? I’m not sure if we would still be required to have an
>> AGM under the constitution and/or other requirements (eg. banking,
>> etc). That could be done via some sort of video call, and shouldn’t
>> take too long.
>
> The constitution says we must elect a new Exec at the AGM:
>
>   3.a.  Elections for all executive positions will take place at the
>   Annual General Meeting.
>
>   3.b.  Current executive positions shall fall vacant at the end of
>   the Annual General Meeting. The new executive will immediately take
>   power.
>
> The constitution says we must have an AGM in September:
>
>   5.f. The Annual General Meeting shall be held in the month of
>   September.
>
> So there is no wriggle room there.  But the constitution is completely
> silent on what format the AGM must have or what we must do apart from
> the election and presentation of financial results.  The only other
> thing I see as required is a report on membership numbers.  We could
> use LA's Zoom URL.  I guess it could be a good trail run for LA itself.

I think a Zoom meeting will work alright for it. We manage to run other meetings fine via that type of approach, so I don’t see why it wouldn’t work for the HUMBUG AGM too.

> So yeah, yr right, there is no reason not to just do it, other than the
> usual PITA of drumming up the 9 quorum.
>
> We are as always required to give give 2 weeks notice.  The 19th of
> September works for me (but I will be on enforced bed rest).

I can do September 19 as well. If that date works for John, we should lock it in and send the notice out, so everyone has ample time to be able to attend.