[H-ADMIN] Due to covid-19 UQ has cancelled all humbug room bookimgs

Russell Stuart russell-humbug at stuart.id.au
Mon Aug 3 05:42:00 UTC 2020

Michelle Dobson, secretary of ITEE UQ rang me a few minutes ago so say
UQ will not permit any room bookings by external parties for the
foreseeable future.  I asked what "foreseeable future" meant, and it
translates to until covid-19 ends.

Michelle did say she would endeavour to ring us when the situation
changed.  Realistically, my guess is that will be until there is no
community transmission for at least a month but probably more, in
Queensland at least, but more likely all of Australia.

As I enjoy our fortnightly social events I will probably try to arrange
another venue but realistically these sorts of restrictions are going
to crop up everywhere, so it will probably have to be a someone's
house.  Even if I do manage to do that, we will have to comply with
Queensland's covoid-19 restrictions.  That means if groups of 20 or
more are banned in the south east, even a humbug at a house won't be
possible.

This also means holding the AGM becomes difficult.  People, please let
me know your thoughts on what we should do.  If the current exec is
happy to continue for another year, simply not holding one seems to be
to be a pragmatic option.  I am happy to continue on.  Could the other
Exec members please let me know whether they are happy to stay on for
another year.

--
Regards,
Russell Stuart