[H-ADMIN] would like to know more about HUMBUG

Russell Stuart russell-humbug at stuart.id.au
Fri Jun 29 07:36:03 UTC 2018

On Fri, 2018-06-29 at 16:43 +1000, Tanglaw Roman wrote:
> I found your group through https://linux.org.au/foss_in_australia/LUG
> S/QLD and https://www.meetup.com/en-AU/Humbug/, and thought I share a
> lot in common with your group's pursuits and interests. I was
> wondering if I can check out one of your meetings here at UQ even if
> I haven't officially applied for membership? It would be great if I
> could chat with somebody to know more about the club.

Well done for finding the mailing list.

Everyone is welcome to come to the meetings, and especially staff and
students from UQ.  You aren't expected to join unless after a few
months you find attending has become a regular habit.

The official web page if here: http://www.humbug.org.au  In particular
it lists our meeting dates.   Everyone who comes along brings a
computer of some to kind to keep them entertained.  If the computer
runs an open source operating system, so much the better. Bringing a
broken one that you hope to get fixed will make you the most popular
person on the day.

--
Regards,
Russell Stuart