[H-ADMIN] [H-GEN] UQ room bookings have hit a snag

Russell Stuart russell-humbug at stuart.id.au
Mon Jan 11 03:47:47 EST 2016

Thanks.  You are a life saver.

On Mon, 2016-01-11 at 18:23 +1000, Aguido Davis wrote:
> A DNS entry for humbug-router.business.uq.edu.au is still in place
> from the last time HUMBUG used the room, the VLANs and routing for the
> room's Ethernet ports are likewise unchanged, so if someone has
> credentials to get packets past the UQ boundary firewalls you will
> have internet access.

I'm feeling dense, but I'm wondering how to use all this.

We are effectively a staff member, with a staff login and password.  So
if the port is mapped to whatever VLAN allows us to login, it will work.

How are we meant to use humbug-router.business.uq.edu.au ?  Our router
currently uses DHCP to get it's external IPv4 address.  Should we change
it to be statically bound 192.168.229.33 (which is what
humbug-router.business.uq.edu.au resolves to) instead?