[H-ADMIN] www down?

Russell Stuart russell-humbug at stuart.id.au
Thu Feb 25 00:09:11 EST 2016

On Thu, 2016-02-25 at 07:12 +1000, Clinton Roy wrote:
> I can't get to www or lists at the moment..

It's up now of course, and nobody did anything.

As mentioned earlier, the problem appears to be our VM provider,
Crissic, is over provisioning the VM we are on to the point that it is
on occasions hard to distinguish it from dead.  It is now monitored by
Nagios by Greg and myself, and we randomly but fairly regularly get
alerts the site is down.  The backup also occasionally fails because it
took too long.

The only solution is to move to a new provider.  It will cost more, so
we will discuss it at the next exec meeting.