[H-ADMIN] Sysadmin report for 2012-06-23

Russell Stuart russell-humbug at stuart.id.au
Fri Aug 17 08:00:56 EDT 2012

Backups available (these must have been sighted):
    2012-08-17

Date a backup was tested by a complete restore from backup only:
    2012-08-17

Percentage of disk space used:
  Filesystem   Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
  /dev/xvda     20G  6.1G   14G  31% /

List of packages that aren't up-to-date security wise:
    (none)

Any major configuration changes since the last exec meeting:
  - The package python-geoip installed.
  - /srv/http/humbug.org.au/wiki/wikiconfig.py only allows
    Australian IP's to create accounts.

Changes to schedule of people with access to the box:
    none since last meeting.

Other notes:

Just a note to those following these reports: based on my experiences
with it installed on my laptop IMHO Debian Wheezy isn't ready for prime
time yet.  Admittedly my problems are mostly GUI related:

  http://bugs.debian.org/681149
  http://bugs.debian.org/679758
  http://bugs.debian.org/666538
  http://bugs.debian.org/600661

Most of these are upstream problems that will be fixed upstream because
of the impending release.

Regardless, GUI related or not, upstream at fault or not, Debian Wheezy
isn't up to the standard I expect of Debian stable and I would feel
uncomfortable installing it on a production machine.  This is hardly
surprising of course, since Wheezy isn't Debian stable, it's Debian
testing.