[H-ADMIN] Update to Librarian's report of 19 Aug 2011

Greg Black gjb at yaxom.com
Mon Aug 29 21:10:12 EDT 2011

I now have an explanation of the anomalous results from df as reported
for the previous exec meeting.

Our host, excalibur, is not a guest VM, but just a chroot in Steven's
Linode. This means that tools such as df report the disk usage of the
whole Linode, not just the Humbug component. In the move to London,
Steve increased the disk allocation of the Linode so he could store more
data on it and it's that data of his that occupies the extra space. We
still have at least as much space to move as we had before.

Steve has told me that he gets alerts on high I/O and low disk space, so
we don't need to worry about things going pear-shaped without somebody
being aware of the problem.

This update is just to provide a record of the situation in the light of
my previous report to the Exec.

Cheers, Greg