[H-ADMIN] I won't be able to make the exec meeting on the 21st

Russell Stuart russell-humbug at stuart.id.au
Wed Jul 28 19:40:30 EDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-07-29 at 07:15 +0800, matheist76 at westnet.com.au wrote:
> I prefer it happen in a public space that other members can get to.
> What about moving it to the next humbug meeting 7/8/2010 or hold it at
> the Edge?
>
> I know that the 7/8/2010 is a bit short notice but we should be okay.

We had to delay a previous Exec meeting because it didn't have 2 weeks
prior notice.  At the time I was in favour of going ahead anyway as it
had been announced in the minutes.  The displeasure shown by most of the
committee about this suggestion was loud and long, so I was not about to
suggest it again.  Has the committee's attitude on this particular point
changed in the intervening few months?

However, even if it has, I would be against it this time.  Last time we
had told everyone via all the right channels where and when the meeting
would be, and thus were at least in line with the spirit of the
constitution.  Not this time.  Moving it to the 7/8 would be a clear
violation of the constitution, and I don't think that is wise.

As for where we have it - I'm easy.  I don't think my house would in any
real sense be any less public that any other place, as every one would
be welcome to attend.  But it is out of the way.  If someone wants to
arrange a more central place that is fine with me.