[H-ADMIN] [H-GEN] Non cash payment - was Re: Constitutional changes I will be proposing at the AGM

Russell Stuart russell-humbug at stuart.id.au
Tue Aug 24 07:35:09 EDT 2010

On Tue, 2010-08-24 at 21:13 +1000, deadcat wrote:
> I would like to know why we can't just do bank transfers? Lots of
> businesses put their
> bank bsb and account number on their invoices or other documentation
> when they ask for
> money and you can just transfer the payment. They usually ask that you
> put the invoice
> number or other identifying information as the description. I didn't
> think it cost the payee
> to accept payments in this manner.
> I think I may have asked this question of a treasurer once, but I
> don't recall the answer.

I do recall you asking.  I didn't realise it hadn't been attended to.
Please accept my apologies on behalf of the committee.  If/when you make
a payment send an email to admin at lists.humbug.org.au saying what the
payment was for, and quoting the semi-random string you put in the
reference field.

Mark,

Can you forward our bank account details onto deadcat ASAP.  CC me on
the email please.