[H-ADMIN] Librarians report for HUMBUG Exec meeting 2010-08-07

Stephen Thomas stephenquoll at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 22:48:54 EDT 2010

Library and Sysadmin report for 2010-08-07

= Library =

We have a new meeting router and external hard drive added to our
equipment list, the details and costs are outlined in the treasurer
report.  The router supports USB mass storage devices and will run
DDWRT/OpenWRT.  This was to address our growing traffic usage during
meetings, and will be running a caching proxy targeted at large
downloads (such as distro ISOs), to prevent them from being downloaded
multiple times.

= Systems =

== Excalibur ==

Excalibur is operating normally, there have been no major changes to
access or configuration.

I have not had the time to perform a complete test restore -- I will
arrange for this to happen this sunday (8th August), and update the
mailing list with the results.  This report will be ammended if there
are any problems (I don't anticipate any).

Our only major issue was our humbug.org.au domain lapsing and renewal
notices going to a dead address.  This was fixed very quickly by Greg
Black and Russell Stuart.

== Tickets ==

We have 10 currently active tickets, not much work has progressed for
this period due to everyone's low availability.  No issues (bar our
DNS issue, that was dealt with too quickly to be ticketed) were left
in a critical state.  Work will pick up when LCA systems stabalise.

== Membership Database ==

As with everything else, most of our spare time has gone in to LCA
preperation, however a basic Django application has been set up, and
by the AGM we should be able to record memberships with it.  Any other
features will have to wait until we collectively have more time..

  -- Stephen Thomas