[H-ADMIN] [H-ANNOUNCE] draft minutes of last exec meeting

matt matheist76 at westnet.com.au
Sun Dec 6 02:55:43 EST 2009

Hi,
I'm glad to see your work on the minutes Clinton they are a lot better.

I have just noticed that you have published your own minute template
rather than modifying the one I have been working on. Which means we now
appear to be working across purposes. After all didn't you ask for us in
the Exec to supply you with a template that you could work on? This is
exactly what I did after your prompt and it appears silly that you chose
to create a new template when you could have modified mine to better
suit what you were trying to achieve.

On Sun, 2009-12-06 at 15:49 +1000, Clinton Roy wrote:
> I'm not going to use any template that uses includes, I'll be much
> happier with a copy and paste number.
That is your choice Clinton but what is your issues with the includes?
Especially if it only includes a sub-page of the minutes, and is subject
to the same access control as the minutes?

My reasons for using includes are:

1. By using the includes for the reports you keep the responsibility for
each of those reports with the owners of that report.

2. It is clear who has and who hasn't submitted their reports.

3. By using the includes it means that each Exec member can have their
own template. The benefits are great. These include:
  1. In a well designed template all you need to do is to fill in the
blanks. A real time saver.
  2. A template will prompt you on what you need to report on so that
you don't forget anything.
  3. The way I'm setting up my template I include the tasks that I need
to do before the next exec. By doing this I can edit the status of each
task as I do it. It also lets me know what I need to do.

4. They are easy to implement and for Exec members who want to only show
a polished report their page can remain private until they have been. It
also doesn't affect the minutes by doing this.

> > 2. Can we set up the next Exec meeting minute's page. If yes then an
we
> > make it so that people can post agenda items. This was a big issue
last
> > Exec meeting. We seem to waste a lot of time quickly adding agenda
> > items.
>
> We did do this for the last meeting, the announcement of the meeting
> contained a link to the minutes page with the agenda items, and I
> asked for contributions.

At the previous Exec meeting you asked us not to pretty up the minutes.
You stated your ownership of the minutes then. Also there was no agenda
items posted. Either the standard agenda items, which really should have
been there from the word go, or additional Humbug member agenda items.

Russell asked just before the Exec meeting to post agenda items and as
such these were rather rushed. Both Exec and non Exec members should
know what the agenda is before they come to an Exec meeting.

I also want it to be clear that anyone can and should edit the minutes
pages within the guidelines of the template, or something similar. By
doing this we show, as the Exec, that we are open to member's input and
that we value it.

Matt.